Tuesday, April 5

Dreams

I had the strangest dream last night, about another blogger. He and a friend of mine have been phone pals for several months but haven't met in person; he is coming to visit her next week. He's not at all my type, although I find him very amusing to read. He's just an old adolescent, though: in his mid-30s and still all about "hooking up" and clubbing and so forth.

Last night I had this wack dream:

I picked him up at the airport (alone, our mutual friend wasn't there as is planned) and brought him home. Apparently, he was meeting my friend at my house. Except--as usual for dreams--my house wasn't really my house. I think it was a dorm, but my roommate was the hubby. And this guy and I ended up having sex...in a waterfilled bathtub...with the hubby just on the other side of the bathroom, unaware of our adventures.

Quick jump to sometime later. Blog-guy is gone, I'm worrying because I hooked up with him and now I have to tell my friend and apologize. At some point I was at church, drafting the apology letter during the service. Then I went to work, early, so I could finish the note. Unfortunately, my boss and her husband were there. They were bringing in gift bags of goodies for the staff, leaving them in one part of the building.....except where they were leaving the bags is in a different spot in this building. Totally different place, different layout, somehow both in the basement and on the first floor. We opened and a bunch of moms took the goodie bags and gave them to their kids. So the staff didn't get the bags; we had to split one. And I never did get the letter finished.

There were also some vague guilt feelings about the hubby, but I was so much more stressed about my friend being upset.

The kicker is, now I can't get this dream out of my head. That's why I'm writing about it here, to expiate it (I hope). I can't stop thinking about this guy, to the point of compulsively checking his blog and my email repeatedly (he and I have exchanged a total of 4 emails over the past 6 months, so it's not very likely I'd actually have a message from him). I've even caught myself mooning over his pictures (sent illicitly to me by my friend).

Did I mention that I'm not even remotely interested in him? I think he's kind of scummy and immature. Don't quite see what my friend sees in him, really.

OK, now I can kind of see the outline of a meaning for this. This helped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home